Mesh Computers - Poor repair service

The Chemist 22:31 19 Sep 03

I am sorry to report that Mesh computers are still providing poor service. In my case my monitor packed up after 3 days. It took mesh 3 weeks to get a new one to me.
In short, if you buy from mesh, expect missed pick ups (I suspect never booked by mesh in the first place who then claim its the couriers fault - AMTRAX great service by the way!), bookings that go missing, non return of phone calls (never spoke to anyone in charge) and so on.
It took me several attemps to select the correct phone option when contacting them. Is the long customer services intro really necessary ?
I bought from mesh because PC Advisor rated them highly. I now pray that nothing else will go wrong with my system.

Stuartli 23:32 19 Sep 03

This is not good news - I am expecting a Mesh system next Wednesday.....:-(

lemonhead 23:35 19 Sep 03

Rings a bell...have had problems before with them. At the moment they have my laptop. Delivered to them for repair last Friday. Rang twice to find out the status, they said the th elaptop people would 'ring back'. They didn't. finally got hold of someone who bothered to check into it yesterday, they said they hadn't got it, then gave me the number of the repair centre who said (eventually) they had. Mesh had received it, done nothing with it for almost a week, then sent it 100 yards down the road to the repair centre. They're now quoting another 10 days before I even get a report/quote on the repair!

Giantsquid 23:50 19 Sep 03

Mesh make a very good computer and I know because I have one and it has served me well for over 4 years, but customer service (along with a lot of others) remains a problem in the PC market. You would have thought that Mesh had moved on and put everything into 'how we treat our customers' it seems not and guess what it really pisses me off that these so called companies carry on letting us down, lets start giving these people the thumbs down big style, maybe then they will start to treat us with the respect we deserve, after all we have paid our money and all we are asking for is GOOD SERVICE.

Stuartli 23:58 19 Sep 03

One point about Mesh - and I presume other similar outlets - is that it accepts payment for systems ordered, yet doesn't deliver them for a period lasting up to at least three weeks.

That's a very handy sum in view of all the orders it receives to invest...:-)

It was the same tactic used by the Telegraph Petrol Station Group in the 1980s - it was the only petrol selling organisation in the UK to be allowed credit for delivery of fuel. Every one else had to pay on the spot when it was delivered.

It paid its bills monthly and invested its income prior to payment for up to a month. Car owners did get cheaper fuel but Telegraph did very well financially out of it as well.

I've no complaint about that but the service should match the expectation - I can only hope it does in my case...:-(

Giantsquid 00:17 20 Sep 03

Let's hope !

kdtaaffe 08:34 20 Sep 03

The situation of accepting payment before delivery has been causing me problems - Mesh debited my account for a new laptop 3 weeks ago, then froze the account without informing me - meanwhile leaving muggin's hanging around for expected delivery.

Getting any response from the customers services is a joke, although they do a nice line in passing you around departments and keeping you waiting on the phone, and appear to have no complaints proceedure at all.

As a previous customer of Mesh that was satified last time this is beyond belief - I no longer recommend their services to anyone.

-pops- 09:06 20 Sep 03

Mesh have (did have?) a presence on this forum. Perhaps they will see this thread and respond to it.

kdtaaffe 10:18 20 Sep 03

Have picked up the [email protected] email address from previous forums reguarding poor mesh customer service and have emailed all details to them. Hopefully this will solve the problem, although they have yet to be so courteous as to contact me over the order problem - which has been ongoing since my order was placed on the 1st Sept. Why do they not advertise this email address on their website?

-pops- 10:56 20 Sep 03

That address is specific for this forum. By using it you have at least given Mesh the indication that you have publicised your dissatisfaction on here and that it is public knowledge.

spuds 11:35 20 Sep 03

Mesh are usually very prompt in replying to problems and comments within the PCA forums. It would appear as though they have not spotted this one (;o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…