Mesh Computers Fail to Deliver

brianlc 14:22 17 Nov 10

I ordered an expensive i7 desktop computer from Mesh on 29 September 2010. The payment was taken immediately. It has not been delivered. Mesh have failed to respond to my emails, have kept me holding on the telephone and then cut it off after 25 minutes a number of times. I eventually contacted them by live chat last week and they promised me delivery 'not later than Tuesday 16 November' but have failed to deliver. I am very worried.

Have others had this experience?

961 14:49 17 Nov 10

Mesh should deliver within a month or explain why. It may be they are waiting for parts but that's really no excuse for not keeping you informed

You could now give them 7 days to deliver, saying time is of the essence failing which you will cancel the order, or you could give notice that you are cancelling straight away and require a full refund. You could also claim for the cost of abortive phone calls. If you do any of these things I'd advise using special delivery post so that you get a receipt

At the same time, if you paid by credit card or Visa debit card, send a copy to the card company so that you will be able, if necessary, to claim a refund from them

Mesh will have 30 days to refund

spuds 15:05 17 Nov 10
  KremmenUK 15:18 17 Nov 10

........... here we go again .............

isca2 15:22 17 Nov 10

Not another MESH saga...Do all you can to cancel and get your money back. They don't deserve your custom.

Armchair 16:36 17 Nov 10

Wat a shokka!

brianlc 14:10 19 Nov 10

After contacting Davey as suggested above Mesh Service have emailed to say 'your system is part assembled waiting for the CPU which is currently out of stock.'
Is there a shortage of i7 processors or do Mesh not have a good relationship with their supplier?

Denimac 09:57 20 Nov 10

I ordered a top spec computer with an AMD Phenom 11 X6 processor on 18 October. Delivery was promised in 10-14 days. All emails have been ignored. When I got thru on their chat service, I was told that the CPU had failed on test and they were awaiting a replacement. further emails have been ignored and when I used their chat service again the operator refused to anwser my query and terminated the chat. I have emailed Davey at Mesh and I await his response.

nme53 15:55 20 Nov 10

Mesh computers is the worst organisation I've ever dealt with. They're a complete mess; their employees are better trained at evading questions and defending the company than at anything else. I ordered a laptop from them, as the salesperson personally guaranteed delivery within a week, and of course, took months to arrive. During that time, there were repeated promises extending the delivery dates incrementally, all of which of course were broken. Words mean nothing to these people. Lying is second nature to the ones I dealt with.

I've seen people say 'they're not that bad, it only looks that way because the people with bad experiences are more vocal'. What a crock of (insert not very nice word). Sure, that statement is true, but it only takes you so far. When you see the level of frustration and anger directed at Mesh because they've wasted so many people's time, effort, and money, it's time to draw a line. I honestly do not understand how this business is still running.

ukpostcode 16:31 20 Nov 10

brianlc have you thought of contacting the Forum Editor to see if he can help you with this situation?
It may help to get things moving quicker!

nme53 17:06 20 Nov 10

...is a mesh fanboy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now