Mesh Computers are a Disgrace...

HULIO2002 13:51 21 Dec 05

I ordered a Mesh PC 3 weeks ago and arranged for delivery on Monday 12th December. On the friday 8th December I got a call at work at 5.30pm to say they could not deliver on Monday as the PC was not ready. They did not even tell me they left a message with a Colleague. I called back and after 30minutes of holding and being cut off I eventually spoke to someone and told them this was unacceptable and I could not have anymore time off work before Xmas so I said I would have to cancel my order(I backed this up with an Email asking to cancel). The guy said OK and he would refund my Credit card that night and that I should expect to receive a refund in 3 working days. On Tuesday I had a neighbour call me to say a courier had turned up with a Mesh computer. I told them to not sign for it and explain to the courier I had cancelled the order. The PC was sent back but I thought I had better call Mesh to make sure they had put the refund back on my Card. After holding for 30 minutes again I got through and explained the problem to the Customer service rep who then grunted and put me on Hold for another 15 minutes. Someone then came on the line and asked me to go over the whole problem again which I did. He then confirmed that they had not refunded my Credit Card so i asked him to do it there and then but he refused by saying I had refused the PC and they would not refund it until they received it back themselves into their depot. I think this is terrible as i already cancelled the PC before it had even left them. I have still not had a refund so I called Mesh today and was told that they will refund me in 3 weeks even though they had the PC back now. I would not recommend a Mesh PC to anyone and am completely disugusted with them.

Jdoki 14:36 21 Dec 05

I believe they have 28 days to refund you...

I had problems with MESH as well, but found that phonce-calls on a daily basis and taking the name of everyone I spoke to got results - my money was returned with in a week.

anchor 14:43 21 Dec 05

Hopefully Davy at Mesh will see this post, and respond.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:04 21 Dec 05

Personally I would have accepted the computer and you would now be using it.

G

anchor 16:18 21 Dec 05

A rare event; I fully agree with GANDALF <|:-)>

(lol)

PaulB2005 16:35 21 Dec 05

Agreed

HULIO2002 16:46 21 Dec 05

ed to deliver. They cancelled the delivery for the Monday on the Friday before at 5.30pm. That is unacceptable and could have given me more warning! I am glad I cancelled as this experience has proved to me what a terrible company they are to deal with so once I finally get my refund I will not have to deal with the. Trading Standards office in Brent just called me and took all the details and also my credit card company are now involved. It does not take so long to give a refund. They only delivered after I had cancelled so that they can keep the money for the 30 days as stipulated in the long distance selling regulations. There are many other stories on Forums with the same story regarding refunds and the credit card company seem to think there is something untoward going on too.

Forum Editor 17:20 21 Dec 05

that they think "there is something untoward going on" I would be amazed, because of course there isn't, and to say that "They only delivered after I had cancelled so that they can keep the money for the 30 days" is plain silly.

What happened was an error, and to be honest, if the courier was prepared to leave the computer with a neighbour I can't for the life of me understand why you didn't take that option. Instead of that you now have no computer and no refund. In the end you'll get your refund, but you'll have gained nothing.

Mesh made a mistake, and no doubt they'll refund your card before the 30 days period is up - there's not much else to say, really.

ade.h 17:25 21 Dec 05

If your neighbour had accepted the PC on your behalf, and the refund had already been initiated, Mesh would be on your back to get payment or have the PC returned - more hassle for you.

HULIO2002 17:50 21 Dec 05

1 - I had cancelled the order and was told I was to get a refund in 3 days. I did not expect to receive the PC after I had cancelled.

2- Them cancelling the order at 5.30pm the day before delivery is too late notice to arrange for more time off work (This was the only day I could have time off work and as I had ordered more than 2 weeks before they should have given more notice)

Explain how it takes a Month to give a refund? That is how long it will have been if I do get it back in 2-3 weeks from today as advised by them today.

HULIO2002 17:52 21 Dec 05

obviously bad Company. I admit it was my fault for ordering from them. I should have taken notice of all the other bad postings on various forums regarding this company.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…