MESH COMPUTERS

Xanba 14:11 04 Aug 10

I bought a £3200.00 computer from MESH it arrived on 2 August when I tried to connect it on 3 August it didn't produce anything on two different monitors

When I phoned MESH their Tech Support told me to break the seal open the back and play with the Graophics Card.

They would not allow me to speak to anyone in the Sales Office and are (apparently) perfectly happy for me to write to them and tell then that tgheir computer is NOT of Merchantable Quality.

Would you buy a MESH Compter after service like this?

They have a week to sort out what may well be as very minor fault and after that it goes straight to the Trading Standards Officer.

interzone55 14:31 04 Aug 10

Have you tried to reseat the graphics card?

There's no point in sending a perfectly good PC back at around £10 courier charges each way if it's simply a case of the graphics card working loose in transit.

You probably want to ask FE to move this to Consumerwatch as well, not everyone ventures into Speakers Corner

HondaMan 15:07 04 Aug 10

Does it "beep" when switched on? If it does what are they, short, long, one, two or nothing? Is the monitor switched on at the wall and on the monitor itself?

wee eddie 15:14 04 Aug 10

This includes components coming loose.

I assume that when you spoke to Tech Support they asked you to perform certain Tasks. Did you do that?

If you successfully carried out their requests, what was the result?

If you did not, what do you expect them to do?

After all, it is well known that most Ferraris spend more time with a mechanic under the bonnet, than they do on the road.

If you feel that you are not competent to re-seat a Graphics Card, or similar task, tell us and we'll point you to a YouTube Video of the relevant job being done, to get you on your way.

MESH Support 16:39 04 Aug 10

The most common reason for failure on delivery is going to be loose components hence why you would be advised to check for this. Bear in mind this is not compulsory, and should only be carried out if you feel comfortable.

The advantage if you choose to try this is a simple problem can be resolved quickly with the minimum of inconvenience.

The sales department can always be contacted by dialling 0844 736 0440 but I'm not so sure they would be of any use to you if you have a problem with the PC.

You mention that we have a deadline in which to resolve your problem so I assume that we are taking action already however should you require further assistance you can contact me directly via [email protected]

Davey

Forum Editor 18:17 04 Aug 10

from Speakers Corner.

Pineman100 18:19 04 Aug 10

£3200??

Blimey! Does it just do the usual stuff, or can it solve the problems of cold fusion, too?

(Always assuming you can get it to do anything at all).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…