Mesh cases and built to order specs

puppetmaster 22:22 23 Jul 04

Want to buy a new MESH system but don't want the black case. My spec would mean every drive bay is full (with internal zip drive - but only available in white from Mesh at this time!!) and they don't seem to have a built in card reader(like TINY!)

Also, why don't Mesh offer you the ability to spec a second hard drive in their built to order section?

I see a few magazines are saying that the Mesh case is functional but off putting looks wise.

When MESH change their case design - I will buy a new PC! If not I will have to stay with my trusty and ultra-reliable Multivision.

Forum Editor 07:54 24 Jul 04

and can't understand what the problem is.

1. You don't like the colour of the Mesh case.

2. You don't like the idea of an internal ZIP drive in beige.

3. You don't like the fact that a Mesh machine doesn't have a built-in card reader.

4. You wonder why Mesh don't offer the option to specify a second hard drive.

5. You've see "a few magazines" say that the Mesh case is functional but unattractive.

So you've solved the problem by deciding that instead of buying a new machine from somewhere else you're going to stay as you are. What's the point of your thread exactly?

Sans le Sou 09:32 24 Jul 04

Hello - My son has a multivision and I am guessing that you have the stealth case that has the flaps to hide the colour of the internal components,(until you use them). I have a Mesh and it isn't any more ugly than most others. It has not got the smoothed appearance of the Multivision, but then the MV looks like a brick. It has a pretty blue cool-neon light on the front, but so what. My Mesh has 2 hard drives, 2 burners and a platinum sound card so there is not much room left for a Zip, but you can use a flash drive pen these days which is faster than an internal Zip. I have a card reader built into my printer, there are alternatives these days. I agree though that the MV is a good machine for the price and I would have bought one if they were still around.

puppetmaster 12:05 24 Jul 04

Really very simple answers and no need to be puzzled!

1. You don't like the colour of the Mesh case.
A: No, all black is a little depressive and shows the dust. Other companies are offering black and silver, why not Mesh?

2. You don't like the idea of an internal ZIP drive in beige.
A: Er, no, because it would not match the black case!

3. You don't like the fact that a Mesh machine doesn't have a built-in card reader.
A: Why doesn't it? Other manufacturers can do this, why not Mesh?

4. You wonder why Mesh don't offer the option to specify a second hard drive.
A: Why don't they? Their build to order seems to offer everything else.

5. You've see "a few magazines" say that the Mesh case is functional but unattractive.
A: Yes.

So you've solved the problem by deciding that instead of buying a new machine from somewhere else you're going to stay as you are. What's the point of your thread exactly?

A: In my house, I have one Mesh, one Dell, one Multivision. All are excellent machines, but Mesh have to catch up with the competition and offer a more stylish case with built in card reader before they will get my money again.

The reason for my post was to say, why aren't Mesh offering the above, while so many other companies are?

It's Me 15:18 24 Jul 04

To get a second Hard Drive, simply add that to your order, and it will be included in the amchine, at least so I was advised by phone as so it was.

bremner 15:28 24 Jul 04

Just had a look at the Mesh site and they do offer an 8 -1 Card Reader as an option on both the Matrix and Elite range.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…