Merging technologies.

Realising that my Hi-Fi is getting a bit long in the tooth,(averaging about 10 years) and the cassette deck has recently developed a fault, i have started to research for a replacement. Looking through various mags,it is apparent that conventional Hi-Fi separates are on the wane. This has come about with the growth and development of home cinema systems. With some people using there pc's as the heart of home cinema. I wonder if any pc manufacturer has considered developing a unit that would not look out of place in a home cinema stack but would have the basic innards of a pc which with the addition of a wireless keyboard and mouse would turn a home cinema into a true multi media centre and would see the merging of two differing technologies into one. One main snag is that your printer and scanner would look totally out of place in such a set up.

davidg_richmond 16:19 23 Mar 03

microsoft is close to releasing windows xp media centre in the US which integrates a lot of these concepts click here

you could always make your own system: get a good looking case (about £60), large hard disk for recording tv (about £90) and storing albums, a digital tv & radio card (£99), reduced noise fan (£dunno), graphics card with TV out (£100), wireless keyboard and mouse (£50), creative audigy soundcard (£62), 5.1 speakers (£130), broadband internet connection for radio, tv and movie downloads (soon to be introduced legally) (£25-35 per month), and there you have it. perhaps get a 17" TFT or larger plasma screen if you have the money. printer and scanner could be linked via bluetooth if you can find the gear. cassettes can be linked to the audigy soundcard from a cassette deck and transferred to mp3 or cd if required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…