Mercury, Kobian... any tech support out there?!

troydi 14:59 09 Apr 03

Trying to set up a network at home to share the internet, I decided to get a router. I bought Mercury's Broadband Router, and went to set it up, and I cannot get it working. I attached the modem and it will not connect up to my service. Now, I kind of expect these little glitches, and it's probably something simple to fix. So I thought, let's download the firmware upgrades... the darn things said they were not the correct files (I'll give them not the correct files..!). Ok, so next port of call, the tech support. Only, they only have email. Would be fine if they actually get back to me. So I tried chasing them up on the phone. Sadly, they have no offices in the uk. I called The Netherlands, and Austria before I was finally told that I had to contact taiwan for Tech support, and that, guess what... I had to do it by email. The vendor in the uk that kobian give on their website weren't helpful, and the people I bought it off are trying to get into contact Kobian to get back to me.

Has anyone else had this problem with them? Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it sorted?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…