Memorybits/zoombits problems

WrexhamRob 17:49 18 Oct 10

I have just been informed by Alan Treanor of Jersey trading standards that that memorybits/zoombits and corebits services limited have gone into liquidation. The liquidators are Begbies Traynor, (Channel Islands) Limited, Charles House, Charles Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 4SF.

WrexhamRob 23:24 19 Oct 10

Memorybits.co.uk are now apparently under new ownership:
Rok Fulfilment Limited (Company No 106659)
Unit 7
St Peters Technical Park
Jersey
JE3 7ZN

judyl68 11:20 22 Oct 10

I have had loads of problems with this company. I ordered a couple of SD cards from them on 5th August and although one came within a few days, the other never arrived, despite repeated emails and phone calls to the company. On their website the stock delivery check facility was showing that the card would be sent out within 24 hours....IT IS STILL SHOWING THAT ALMOST 2 MONTHS LATER!!They don't reply to emails sent via their website helpdesk, they stall and give excuses when on the phone. During one phone call I made to them (and I have made 5 so far) they said that the reason I hadn't recieved the item was because it was out of stock, then on the next call they said it had been in stock but must have got lost in the post. The woman from Customer Services offered me an upgrade to a better quality SD card and a free gift of a card reader for the inconvenience....Its now nearly the end of October and I have recieved neither. I will never do business with this company again.

bigray 07:24 23 Oct 10

read my earlier complaint, in same situation as you, I paid by visa debit card & have applied for a refund from them.
I wonder if this is a deliberate take over to make money from us mugs, best of luck with your problem

WrexhamRob 11:31 23 Oct 10

Yes, I posted the thread as I had an item that I returned for replacement/refund but got no response from any contact I instigated. I have been told directly by Jersey trading standards that the new owners have given assurances that they are not affiliated with any board members of the previous owners and that they are currently trying to fulfil any outstanding orders. Where that leaves the rest of us, is unclear. I feel a ping-pong match between Paypal and my credit card company coming on!

bigray 07:57 27 Oct 10

I got an email from them to say, I should TRY to get my money back as they had no intention of honouring the order, so be warned for the future

WrexhamRob 13:08 27 Oct 10

I started a claim process with paypal last week and two days ago Memorybits e-mailed to say they were sending a replacement item. Fingers crossed!

dyluk1 15:40 05 Nov 10

i also bought sd card reader,both were faulty now they are saying they wont honour refund or exchange. It took from march till now to get that response,online chat person from their customer services,kept sending me emails to buy from them under new management ROK group...like **** I will...if they cant get the first order and I cant get my money back,as bank said its too long ago now and they got no reply from zoombits within 3 months period ...so they ripped me off bigtime,anyone willing to sign or write to watchdog??? I am ..let me know if you are.

dyluk1 15:46 05 Nov 10

if you are trying to claim back by card you paid with and not paypal..then credit cards are apparently more assured,debit card like i used..was no use,claim expires within a few months so if they hold out...which they probably know and did do with me ..time frames to claim back....ends.

dont buy from these guys ....i am sure its a rip off.

donki 13:31 08 Nov 10

I got a full refund via PP.

bigray 15:28 09 Nov 10

Got my refund from VISA chargeback, but memorybits still been paid & sent no goods, I informed trading standards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…