memory prices

picklsey 07:18 14 Sep 04

bought 512mb (pc3200)£49.when i was in the shop they were saying that the price of memory was going to be going up soon,any one else here of this or do you think i was being a sales pitch.

spuds 10:24 14 Sep 04

Buying memory chips is like winning the lottery. Over the years it would seem the same old problem, you do not know what the price will be one month from the next.Why this should be, I can only guess!.

A couple of years ago, I purchased some 'cheap' memory from a supplier who could also offer me various higher priced memory.Both came with a similar warranty, so as stated I purchased the cheapos. Still running very sweet to this day, at a much reduced price :o)

picklsey 17:15 14 Sep 04

spuds i thought the same why pay fancy prices,the shop i got it from always has good deals on the go.any time i,ve had a problems they have sorted it there and then.so i knew if i had a prob whith the memory he would replace or replace.thanks for your response.

TomJerry 20:22 14 Sep 04

The memory nowdays is treated as commodity. It is traded in financial market (future market more specific) the same way as stocks, oil, pork belly and baked beans. So the price can go up as well as down. If a shop keeper knows the direction of the price, he/she would not need to be a shop keeper.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…