Memory Card Readers?

Laticsade 19:48 23 Jun 05

Please help!! Which one should i purchase and why?

tenplus1 19:58 23 Jun 05

As long as the card-reader will let you read the card-types you want, that's all you need... A simple USB card-reader should be automatically detected within Windows XP and usable...

Diodorus Siculus 19:58 23 Jun 05

One that accepts your type of memory card and for obvious reasons.

spuds 14:03 24 Jun 05

Check out eBuyer click here , then have a good selection covering all cards at very good prices.

Stuartli 23:12 25 Jun 05

You can get internal or external memory card reader/writers from 7-in-1 upwards to 19, 20 or more -1 for between £7.50 and £20 from outlets such as 7Dayshop.

The external type are more useful as you can load up a memory card with pix, data or whatever files and view/install them on other systems merely by plugging it into a USB port.

XP automatically recognises memory card readers as removeable drives - you may get a list of, say, four new drive letters in My Computer and will quickly work out which one applies to your type of memory card i.e. SD, CompactFlash etc.

The internal type (which slot into one of the floppy drive bays) often add useful features such as additional USB ports. Here's an example (on a US website, but there are UK outlets):

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…