Memory Card Reader?

Ancient Learner 21:02 04 Aug 05

There seems to be so many on the market, and none really seem to say exactly which cards rhey read.

Can anyone recommend a card reader please. I got one, a USB, with my PC a year ago, and whereas it works perfectly. and is fine for my CF memory, and has 4 holes in it, I cannot get my Olympus XD card to fit.

amonra 21:17 04 Aug 05

Have a look at click here
Good selection at reasonable prices.
Jessops do a tidy one at about £14:00 which covers practically ALL cards.

russmini 23:00 04 Aug 05

I bought a belkin (F5U249) 15 IN 1 one for my XD card, was £35 when i got it last year, but think price has come down a little now. As said does 15 different cards so all my needs and most other people i should think would be fine with it.

But you pays your money and takes your choice !!

Good Luck..

britto 23:12 04 Aug 05

have a look here 6.99,
click here
says it reads xd through smartmedia slot

siouxah1 11:43 05 Aug 05

Ancient learner,
I can confirm that the card referred to by Britto does indeed read the xD card through the SM card slot. There is a widened portion of the slot that allows this.

Brian

spuds 12:08 05 Aug 05

You will find that the more 'stated' slots that the card reader as, then all cards will be covered. You may find that on visual look, that the card reader only as so many slots [four or six instead of twelve or twenty as advertised],but in actual fact, some of the slots can hold more than one type of card. Ebuyer have a good and cheap range. One thing to consider with card readers, is that some may need powered hubs or direct connection to a usb socket, and other may not.

Ancient Learner 16:08 05 Aug 05

Thanks for all the help. I have now ordered one from the Channel Islands.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…