Meese for Lefties & Righties.

In the market for a new mouse but manufacturers seem to have forgotten the 10% of the population who are like me, sinister left handers.

Going to be used 50 / 50 for "normal computery work stuff" & games (Counter Strike) the rest of the time.

Her indoors & the kids also use the computer so any new mouse will have to be suitable for right handers too.

Can anyone recommend a good mouse.

Forum Editor 23:24 06 Dec 05

about five years ago. Since then I believe several manufacturers have followed suit.

click here for a veritable nest of mice - there's sure to be something suitable. Don't forget that with most goode mice you can alter the buttons around in the software.

Dan the Doctus 23:24 06 Dec 05

If you buy a standard symmetrical mouse you can usually change the left and right buttons by going to Control Panel>Mouse.

ton 01:27 07 Dec 05

I'm left handed, but about two years ago I decided I would try to use my mouse with my right hand.
It was hard at first but I persevered and after a short time it seemed quite normal.
It is much better because I can now write with one hand while holding the mouse with the other.

wiz-king 05:56 07 Dec 05

You set me thinking! I have looked at the mice at work and most of them are symetrically designed. That means you could use them with either hand, unless you wanted a more classy mouse with lots of buttons, then all you need to do is to change the properties on the mouse in control panel to change the button that gives you the right/left click. You may even have a floppy disk with the mouse with drivers on to give you more features.

Cheers all

Although I use the mouse left handed I use the default setting with my index finger doing all the work!

On night shift & been surfing a bit - narrowed down my choice to 2 favourites.

Cordless - Logitec LX7

Corded - Razer Diamondback.

Anyone had any experience of either of these?

hzhzhz 07:56 07 Dec 05

I am not left handed but because of my desk position and stuff on it the mouse had to be on the left hand side. It really does not take long to get used to using the mouse with left hand. Its just an ordinary right handed mouse.

anskyber 10:52 07 Dec 05

Have a Logitech although not that model. It has been excellent.

Arthur Scrimshaw 22:19 07 Dec 05

Our two desktop pc's have right handed optical trackball mice. Because of the orientation of the mouse you simply cannot use them with your left hand. So I just had to adapt to using my right hand. Now feels completely natural, and for FPS I now can use the wasd keys easily.

On my laptop, when not using the pad, I use a conventional mouse - left handed!

Sir Radfordin 23:37 07 Dec 05

Like ton I'm left handed but use a mouse in my right hand. And like ton I find this works because I sit with a pen in my left hand for most of the working day - always useful when you need to make notes or jot something down.

Oddly, when it comes to using a whiteboard I opt to write with my right hand!

Yep we are indeed all sinister :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…