Medion service

zebbydog 10:56 25 Jan 04

I bought a medion titanium md 8080xl from aldi after 6 weeks the graphics card failed it has now been 2 weeks and they have still not been to replace it, they say they are out of stock.

So it is now eight weeks old and has not worked for 2 not a good advert for medion and at £849 i am p----- off

Zebby

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:00 25 Jan 04

I assume that you have been to click here What is the problem with the card?

G

zebbydog 11:40 25 Jan 04

Have e-mailed medion and phoned many times at about 25 minuets a time.
the problem is when you boot up all you get is coloured lines running down the screen.

1514 11:40 25 Jan 04

Did you phone them and did did you have a long wait? I phoned them and waited ten minutes and then gave up. I phoned a little later and waited ten minutes twenty five seconds before getting a technician. Another wait on the phone was for 25 odd mins. Yet another was for 31 mins and the final one, up to now, was five minutes odd. It seems that Medion stuff is Ok provided you have plenty of time and money to phone them and have infinite patience to await your returns!!!

spuds 14:26 25 Jan 04

Whilst the Medion name always seems to refer to a good value product, their aftercare and administration could do with a little re-adjustment. I purchased a Medion monitor from Staples, which is a great product, no questions about that. But contacting Medion in trying to register warranty details proved to be a long and expensive venture on my part, with telephone 'on hold'and confusing statements by Medion staff. It was a case of my manager said this... Not once did the manager find time to speak to me personally.

Newuser38 21:52 25 Jan 04

Silly question perhaps but is the card bedded in fully, it has not come loose?

BRYNIT 22:35 25 Jan 04

Phone Medion again, if they are out of stock find out when it will be in stock. If they don't know as if they have have a card they could loan you until the correct one is available.

I may have been lucky as last year when I had a problem with my Radeon graphics card Medion offered me a NVidia card with the option of if I was not happy they would replace it with Radeon card when availble.

TBH1 22:56 25 Jan 04

do you know its a problem with your graphics card- - - or presuming it is so ?? I ahd a problem sismilar to yours, after a game install , and all I could see was lines going across the screen. In those days (only maybe 4-5 years ago), I didn't know about this forum, or others like it and phoned a 0801 number, a 50p per minute jobbie. The guy told me to go into device manager, find graphics card drivers, delete them (yes, delete them), reboot and let windows find appropriate drivers. I did and lo and behold, display up and running - - - this cost me maybe 75p - - the best 75p I ever spent by the way.

zebbydog 23:18 25 Jan 04

TBH1 The pc will not boot up at all so i cannot go into device manager.

BRYNIT They have no graphics cards as yet and i asked for a temporary 1 and was told no can do.

Newuser38 Yes i also tried it it my other pc and it was just the same.

TBH1 11:06 26 Jan 04

will it boot up in safe mode - - -I'm sure safe modes uses default drivers, you may be able to get in from there. Good luck.

Cybermaxx 22:35 26 Jan 04

Deja vu strikes! I've been on here before complaining about the Medion "hotline". I hardly ever get to speak to anyone on that line. It just keeps playing music and messages, and it's charged at National Rate! Shocking service. Good PC, though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…