Medion Computers up for grabs

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:01 23 May 03

PCW are flogging Medions with 15" TFT screens, Pentium 4 2.4, 512 Mb RAM and DVD-RW for £799. Sale lasts 6 days.

G

Kryten 12:13 23 May 03

Three weeks ago I brought the P4 2.8 version for £899. Cannot grumble, I've had no problems at all, and it is very fast compared to what I was used to.

AlanL 14:45 23 May 03

I bought one from ALDI about 5 months ago, serious machine.

abey 01:26 28 May 03

I live in the US, and have seen Aldi importing these computers in. My question is how are they on their support services? How reliable are their computers?

Stuartli 08:58 28 May 03

The computers are very good value - Medion rebadges systems, computer accessories and peripherals produced by others (a very common practice in the IT world) - and it has a support service in the UK as well as a website.

The UK website is click here and there is a link from here to the US and its other websites:

click here

bennyc 09:43 28 May 03

I've got a Medion (i've had it for about 6 months now) and i had what turned out to be a minor problem. I contacted the support team with the problem. They contacted me back quite quick but i'd already fixed the problem, but the relpy was detailed enough for a newbie to understand.

Thumbs up for Medion I say !!!

Keithrow 19:35 28 May 03

My daughter has had a Medion computer for going on 4 years now. It has been trawled between Uni and home on many occasions without complaint. Yes there have been minor hitches but always these have been dealt with quickly and professionally by Medion support.
Well worth its money!

can you tell a newbie
where to get one?

what does Pcw mean
sorry for sounding stupid

accord 20:14 28 May 03

timfin:

PCW means PC World and you can get medions in there

monkeyshine 00:24 29 May 03

PC World is a UK based chain owned by the Dixon Group. (In case you are not UK based. Aldi is a German chainstore with outlets in most European countris, including the UK).

jediknight007 03:28 29 May 03

Which also sells cheap tins of baked beans...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…