Medion akoya E6210 from Aldi

cagey 17:10 19 Jan 09

I am going to buy a new notebook computer and see that Aldi are advertising their Medion Akoya E6210, Intel Dual-core T3400 (2.16GHz),250Gb HD,3Gb memory, 16" screen, LG 8XDVD/CD DL. The price is £450, also includes carry bag, usb scroll mouse and 3 year warranty. Do you think this is good value or do you know of any better deals? This notebook is on sale from Thursday this week.

rickf 18:20 19 Jan 09

Hi,
Got the same thing in mind but do you know much about the 4500 MHD Graphics. Wish it has a dedicated G/C so whilst tempted I am thinking about it. Otherwise everything else looks great.

rickf 18:22 19 Jan 09

Any opinions? I like the fact that it's got a dedicated Nvidia 9300 Vram G/C.

cagey 21:07 19 Jan 09

rickf Please start your own thread and not hijack mine.

rickf 21:08 19 Jan 09

Sorry. I did. Just followed on from my reply to you.

tullie 22:05 19 Jan 09

Where is your thread,give us a link please.

rickf 15:48 20 Jan 09

Here is the link
click here to my thread
For anyone interested in the Medion Akoya, the 15.4 in screen is £399 at Argos, internet only. Same specs as the one posted here but slightly smaller screen

pabx3 16:10 20 Jan 09

I'm also interested in the AKOYA® E6210, but need advice from the forum.
Is it possible to connect an external monitor to show a different "picture" to the one on the built-in screen? We have some desktops at work with 2 monitors, so you could be editing a soundtrack with Audacity on one screen AND reading and modifying a Word document with the script on the other. Is this is what's called "Dual Monitor" working?
Come to that, is it a facility generally available on modern laptops?
Sorry to ask such a basic question, but we all have to start at the beginning.
Many thanks in advance.

rickf 17:41 20 Jan 09

I believe most laptops if not all has a connector to an external monitor. If you check out the specs of the Medion, it should be there.
I used to connect an old Medion whose LCD screen died to a CRT monitor and it worked fine.

ill.skillz 21:59 22 Jan 09

Hi,
Iv just bought myself a Medion e6210 today from aldi and iv been using it now for several hours.
Up to now im fairy impressed with its performance and id say without a doubt it is certainly worth £450. I would agree with the pc adviser review in that if you want a laptop for office and internet use then this is ideal for the money. If your a gamer then id probably just forget about it.

It does have a 15 pin video out socket which im currenty using on a 20" TFT but much picture quality is lost(that probably depends on your TFT, mines is pretty old.)Im not entirely sure yet weather i can display two different pictures but im fairly sure its possible.

If you want a high quality affordable non gaming laptop, then im pretty sure you'd be happy with this.

They sell like hot cakes so if you want one get one now.

pabx3 22:22 27 Jan 09

Hi - just wondering how you are getting on with your new Medion 6210 now you've had it for nearly a week?
Cheers,
pabx3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017