kt-hazy 13:13 PM 06 Mar 12

I have a Medion desktop that I bought from Aldi 3 years ago. The power on button has stopped working now and did see a thread on here that someone else has had the same problem. I do not know what the outcome of that was. If anyone can give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

blodgett 14:33 PM 06 Mar 12

I think the problem might be the switch which momentarily "shorts" pin 16 of the 24pin Motherboard connector to ground in order to start up the power supply . See the web page:- If you feel able, carefully try shorting the leads to the switch momentarily (Mains supply plugged in).

bjh 14:48 PM 06 Mar 12

If you bought it less than three years ago, it should still be under warranty. Rumour has it that Aldi/Medion are actually quite efficient at warranty repairs...

But the above is sound advice if not. Do take care though.

birdface 16:44 PM 06 Mar 12

I think it is a common fault with some of them.If over the 3 years you are out of warranty.If still in warranty get them to send you a new front panel and fit it yourself.Saves you from sending it to Germany.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…