kt-hazy 13:13 PM 06 Mar 12

I have a Medion desktop that I bought from Aldi 3 years ago. The power on button has stopped working now and did see a thread on here that someone else has had the same problem. I do not know what the outcome of that was. If anyone can give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

blodgett 14:33 PM 06 Mar 12

I think the problem might be the switch which momentarily "shorts" pin 16 of the 24pin Motherboard connector to ground in order to start up the power supply . See the web page:- If you feel able, carefully try shorting the leads to the switch momentarily (Mains supply plugged in).

bjh 14:48 PM 06 Mar 12

If you bought it less than three years ago, it should still be under warranty. Rumour has it that Aldi/Medion are actually quite efficient at warranty repairs...

But the above is sound advice if not. Do take care though.

birdface 16:44 PM 06 Mar 12

I think it is a common fault with some of them.If over the 3 years you are out of warranty.If still in warranty get them to send you a new front panel and fit it yourself.Saves you from sending it to Germany.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 4K screen is purpose-built for showcasing digital art

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know