Media jukebox

willyv 11:07 10 Aug 10

Hi all,
My dad is looking for a solution to cd clutter.
he hopes to use a digital media storage system with simple software interface to get rid of the cd's.
One possibility is the Brennan jb7- any ideas. Alternatively would be a mp3/ dock set up. Any other ideas would be appreciated. He is a little low on patience but technologically ok. Cheers

peter99co 14:06 13 Aug 10

What is wrong with ripping to a hard drive using Windows Media player.

The whole lot can be backed up on a External hard drive. This allows the music to be transported and used on any other computer allowing external drive connection.

Another option is a CD encoder which copies cd's to SD cards and Pendrives in MP3 format. I found mine by DJ-Tech at Maplins.

Big L 266 19:46 16 Aug 10

Hello.

willyv....I agree with peter99co about ripping the cds to Windows Media Player. I would suggest you 'rip' using Windows Lossless to ensure the best quality sound gets loaded into your Dads computer. (Not to mp3 at least to start with).

Once he's loaded them,I would suggest he downloads a trial (or free) version of Winamp and 'import' all the tracks into this for playing.

If he likes the free Winamp version,he may consider upgrading to Winamp Pro which I have and is superior to Windows Media Player.If your Dad feels ambitious,he could also download a Winamp plugin that would play his music dj/radio style.I play all mine through the hi-fi system.

Like peter99co, your Dad must back-up all his cds on at least two external hard drives. That way he will have three copies of his cd collection to play with. Only once they're all up-to-date then your Dad should consider copying to other players in mp3 format.

In next to no time your Dad could be the next Tony Blackburn.

All the best.

Big L 266

willyv 19:56 16 Aug 10

cheers peeps. i agree and think this is the best way to go- he's got a tasty bose which should plug in to the pc via aux. thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac