Media Center 2005

Chip loose 23:25 03 Nov 04

Has anyone bought a system with media center 2005 OS? If so, which manufacturers are selling them (good or bad)?

Jdoki 09:03 04 Nov 04

A colleague of mine just tried to buy a Media Center 2005 PC from Carrera. The model was C-Box T2 Pro (If I remember correctly).

She was told it would be end of November before they had any stocks of Windows MCE 2005, but this wasn't until after she had ordered (and they had taken the money). She was less than impressed with their service - especially when they tried to charge her a 10% restocking/cancelation fee.

Sparrowhawk 10:21 04 Nov 04

I have seen recently a very nice HP Media Center (not sure if latest version, but ask for 3rd version of Media Center, which is 2005).

Wireless & Bluetooth already implemented
Cordless Mouse & Keyboard
Nice 19' TFT screen
Nice Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers
2 hard drives (250 + 160 GB) one of which plugs in automatically on the front of the PC
Plenty of Audio-Video, USB2, FireWire connections, some of which are easily accessible on the front of the PC.
Much power from processor, memory, graphics.
Nice case in a shiny black good quality plastic.

Sparrowhawk 10:29 04 Nov 04

I think it was this one,

click here

as seen at PC World

Sparrowhawk 10:30 04 Nov 04

Please note you do NOT need Media Center to have a multimedia PC.

Some manufacturers do choose to implement their own or partners solutions - other than MS Windows Media Center - which work as well and might be cheaper.

Sparrowhawk 10:31 04 Nov 04

Forgot to mention this PC comes with a remote and card readers on front of PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…