MCE2004 to 2005 upgrades - Evesham

jeremy robins 22:59 11 Feb 05

Bought an Evesham Media Tower last year (no problems with it like people on another thread) and now want to upgrade from 2004 to 2005MCE.
Evesham have told me Microsoft have not released the UK upgrade software & details yet. Microsoft (via their forum) are telling me it's down to the OEM if they 'wish to,' offer the upgrade.

Can anyone tell me what's going on - who's right and who's wrong, and what can be done about it....

Jeremy.

TomJerry 10:19 13 Feb 05

XP Home and Pro Full version can be used for upgrading

I assume that XP Media center is the same because it is just XP Pro with some add-ons

You can get it for £81 click here

madprofessor 13:14 13 Feb 05

I have the same problem and have found Evesham unhelpful. Of course you can buy a full price installation but that seems unreasonable when upgrades are usually cheaper than new purchases.

TomJerry 13:30 13 Feb 05

you will find this is not necessarily true for MS Windows.

It is actually cheaper to buy an OEM full version than an full upgrade version. OEM suppose can only be used by a new PC, but you can buy a new small hardware to qulify for OEM status

jeremy robins 18:51 13 Feb 05

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies - I perhaps should have said that I also want an additional tuner card put in, upgrade the hard drive and the RAM, all of which Evesham will need to do due to the warranty (and that i've never done any of the above before) - Hence the catch22!

Jeremy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…