McAfee Wireless Home Network Security 2006

Curio 20:11 27 Jul 06

Just received this as a gift. Have not yet opened the box as I want to investigate it before proceeding. Checks on Net reveal a 3 Stars out of 5 rating. Cannot find anything re installing the software. Am not well versed in Networking and this is for a Desktop and 2 Laptops. Is this installed three times or just the once on the PC where Router is Connected? Would I be any better off changing to this from all the standard protection I have at the moment?Thanks in anticipation

Curio 20:14 27 Jul 06

Anyone who is using this - please comment

ade.h 20:19 27 Jul 06

My experiences of McAfee on other peoples' systems has always ranged from underwhelming to downright annoying, particularly when some network configuration is required. I have my favourite firewalls for networking, and my favourite free and premium AVs; McAfee is going to have to improve a lot to match them. I'll take the "Network Security" tag under advisement!

Curio 21:33 27 Jul 06

Many thanks for your input. Have spoken with person involved and item is being returned to store.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…