McAfee VirusScan v9.0 2005

babybell 22:55 14 Dec 04

Is this product any good, does it allow for a full system scan to. I read the PC Answers mag and it got voted the best anti virus around and i need a new one as i am currently running Norton Anti Virus 2003 and my subscription ends soon and i want to upgrade. Anyone know of any problems with this software?

TomJerry 23:31 14 Dec 04

i use version 7

Green 1 02:05 15 Dec 04

I`m still using version 6 and it does what it says on the tin, no prob`s at all,will be upgrading this year to V9, buy and enjoy.

Dogger 08:55 15 Dec 04

Have just changed from Norton to McAfee 9, At the momment all is working well, updates are downloaded automatically, so you should have no problems. But like Norton, you will have to renue your subs every year.
Regards.

Dogger 08:57 15 Dec 04

Sorry forgot to say, Yes you can do a Full system scan, plus Email in and out, in fact it works the same as Norton.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:10 15 Dec 04

Not wishing to bang on but AVG is free and the now 90+ people on my mailing list that use it are delighted.

G

babybell 16:50 15 Dec 04

I have ordered it now. Thanx for all your help

[Case Closed!]

boy_from_the_blackstuff 17:24 15 Dec 04

Used McAfee V8 for last year with no problems and am awaiting v9

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…