Maxtor / Seagate HDD? Get Free Acronis True Image

PaulB2005 17:27 28 Dec 07

If you have a Seagate or Maxtor hard drive you can download Seagate DiscWizard (SDW).

It's a stripped down version of Acronis true Image (ATI) 10 (although i can't see what you are missing with SDW vs ATI) which you can use to clone your Hard Drive and make backup images (complete disk backups)

Seagate Disk Wizard - click here 104 Mb

Manual - click here 1.32 Mb PDF

Note licenses terms -

1. License Grant. Licensor grants to Licensee a worldwide, nonexclusive, nontransferable, royalty free license to use the DiscWizard software (the “Software”) with Seagate and Maxtor branded disc drives only.

I bought and paid for ATI10 a while back and it's a lifesaver, but if you can get it for free then do so....

PaulB2005 17:36 28 Dec 07

Only allows whole PC backup (no incremental backups) and you must have at least one Seagate or Maxtor drive.

Stuartli 23:58 28 Dec 07

I have Seagate's Disk Wizard on my system (used with a 400GB Seagate One Touch external hard drive).

It's just 14.91 MB.

Backups (normally incremental) are done using the supplied BounceBack backup software (updated to the latest version, 7.1.6) from the CMS Products website.

used it few times in the last 6 months to restore an image, does exactly what it says on the tin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…