//some 3rd party need geo

Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9... comments?

Jamesy 11:01 24 Feb 03

I've noticed a very good deal at Komplett for the top end 200 GB Plus 9 which I'm quite interested in, probably getting two of them for future use in perhaps a RAID array.

Can anyone with any experience with these drives please share them? I have an old Maxtor, but not this model. I'm asking due to being quite sceptical about drives since I purchased a duff IBM one recently which was fit for the knackers yard after 2 weeks.

-pops- 11:05 24 Feb 03

I've always used Maxtor drives.

They sit there working away and I never give them a second thought. Very reliable in my opinion.

Brian

Elrond 12:39 24 Feb 03

I've only used Maxtor and there hasn't been one problem.(touch wood). You have to watch out with the IBM drives, a lot of people have had duff ones. I think Fujitsu are another problematic one too. All the best

Coaster3 14:25 24 Feb 03

I agree with -pops- we now have a total of eight Maxtor HDDs in the house all running nicely with no problems. Incidentally, I bought them on his recommendation and he knows what he's talking about.

Wouldn't consider any other make.

Jamesy 16:41 24 Feb 03

Excellent excellent. Well you guys have just convinced me. And at 175 knicker a pop for their top-end, 200 GB model, how can you go wrong?

Djohn 18:16 24 Feb 03

Jamesy, I too use Maxtor, and no problems at all, will recommend to anyone.

Pappyon 19:22 24 Feb 03

I have 2 Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 HDD on my PC.
One was a replacement under warranty for a Western Digital WD800 which lasted just over a year. I would heartily recommend Maxtor.

rmn 20:53 24 Feb 03

i have two 60gb no problems at all which is more than can be said for the raid array.darren

MontyIIac 19:58 25 Feb 03

I'm currently using six Plus 9s in my PCs, four in two RAID arrays, and (Using Norton Ghost) transferred 35.2GB in 26 minutes dead - add the reliability into the equation and you make your own mind up...

bda72 21:55 25 Feb 03

Panicked when I saw this post but feel alot better now. Just ordered a Maxtor drive(my first) after years of IBM loyalty. Never really had a problem with IBM drives apart from one, due to too much whisky. I was gaming online and finally winning after a long battle when I heard a thunder storm, drunken logic said I had enough time to finnish them off, Lightening said game over..................doh!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…