Maxtor 6B200M0 Serial Drive Hard Disk Failure

davidu 20:12 18 May 05

My Maxtor hard disk has failed and is still under warrenty.

On May the 10th, I went to the Maxtor Website and created a Returns Material Authority (RMA)as instructed and knowing how long hard disk warrenty replacement would take I took the recommended Advanced Replacement 30 day option and paid for new one to be delivered ASAP, while my own disk was being evaluated and a replacement arranged.

On May 16th
After a total silence for 6 days I sent the following email.

ATTENTION SERVICE MANAGER!!!
It is now the 16th May, WHY IS MY ADVANCE RMA STILL "IN PROCESS" AFTER 6DAYS??

Surely the whole point of using an advance rma is to minimise downtime!!. I coud have returned as a normal warrenty repair item, and expected it to be returned by now

Does the warrenty service have a serious problem? or is this your normal level of customer care?

The replacement Drive is now required URGENTLY and an explanation of the delay

on May 18th
I received this from Maxtor
Dear Customer,
Unfortunately we are out of stock on these hard drives. We do not have an estimated time of arrival for them. We apologize for the delay and for any inconvenience. Please call for further information.

--------------------------------------------------

If any else has had this problem what did they do?

Inspite of the goods "not being fit for the purpose" I cannot obtain a refund from the computer shop I bought it from, as the item is still under warrenty. And I cannot obtain another one unless I pay for it again. Most responsible manufactures would normally offer the next higher model as an apology for their error.

This is a most unsatisfactory state of affairs, and the last purchase I shall make of any Maxtor product

DieSse 23:39 18 May 05

"I cannot obtain a refund from the computer shop I bought it from, as the item is still under warrenty"

In fact, legally, it's the shop that is responsible for your warranty - I suggest you approach them without delay, and do not tell them that you have approached Maxtor directly, and ask them to replace the faulty item you purchased from them. They are legally bound to do so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…