Maxell DVD +RW and Morrisons

My local Morrisons are currently selling packs of 3 Maxell DVD +RW discs for £9.99. Compared to my local Dixons etc. this seems remarkably good value. I bought some Maxell CDs from the same place when they were on offer and so far have had no problems.

Just thought I'd let you know unless, of course, someone can point me to a better value purchase. :-)

jimv7 08:36 05 Jun 03
  -pops- 08:46 05 Jun 03

Remember folks that DVD burners can be VERY fussy about which media they will recognise and write to.

Check compatibility before you part with your cash.

Brian

Coaster3 09:33 05 Jun 03

I've been using the Morrisons CDs for a considerable time and, indeed, recommended them on this forum months ago. I have never had one fail.

Quiller. 11:17 05 Jun 03

Same as Coaster3 here. I buy the cdr's in batches of 30 for £10. I have never had one fail on me.

Alright you can buy them cheaper, but sometimes reliability is a priority over cost.

-pops- 11:53 05 Jun 03

Not wishing to be a pedant but the thread is about DVD disks not CDs.

I forgot to mention that they come in the large plastic DVD cases as well rather than jewel cases.

Stuartli 16:05 05 Jun 03

Maxell is Hitachi's trade name on its CD-R/CD-RW/DVD media and is produced to the highest quality whether for this medium or audio or video tape.

Morrisons clearly has a very with it buyer for these type of products as the recent offer for Imation and other top brands of CD-R media prove.

There's also been, for instance, the BOGOF special on JR replacement inkjet refill packs and keenly priced multipacks of video tapes from top brands.

It's also remarkably cheap for the big name products in food and other every day items...:-)

Quiller. 18:24 05 Jun 03

Just trying to point out in my opinion and probably Coaster3, judging by his post. That Morrisons do sell exceptionally good media disks at a keen price.

As Stuartli states most computer accessories are BOGOF. These have included photo paper, cdr disks and inkjet refills.

I do use CDR and DVD-r disks. I buy my dvd-r disks from the local computer shop 97p which includes the case.

rickf 19:53 07 Jun 03

Infiniti DVD+Rws are between £2-£2.50 at comp fairs. I burn a lopt of DVDs and these discs are really good.

rickf 19:54 07 Jun 03

Sorry for the typo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac