Marmite Chocolate Bars.

Big L 266 21:02 26 Jan 11

Hello.

A few months ago it was mooted that Marmite chocolate bars would be available in supermarkets to buy. I like Marmite on toast and a little mixed in with baked beans or spaghetti.

I've asked Sainburys and Morrisons here in Spalding, Tesco and Asda in Boston and Waitroses in Peterborough if they have them or are likely to get them in but it seems they're not.

I was wondering if any of you Marmite lovers have seen a Marmite choccy bar in our UK supermarkets and shops yet. If you have,which one please and I can try get a small supply in.

Thank you for your help and yes,I know I've asked this before but it was some months ago.

Big L 266

alB 21:30 26 Jan 11

click here ...alB

Big L 266 21:39 26 Jan 11

Hello.

alB....Well I never! That was the last place I ever expected to see stock this product! alB thank you very much indeed for this brilliant link to R.D. and I'm off to order a few for myself right now. You've made an old Marmite fan very happy!

Big L 266

sunnystaines 08:35 27 Jan 11

never did see them in supermarkets, will try RD.

odd place to look for them though.

Big L 266 08:42 27 Jan 11

Hello.

sunnystaines....alBs link is for the Robert Dyas website which sells these choccy bars. I then did a quick search on Amazon UK and found you can get them there as well. I'm waiting for my friend to make up her mind if she wants to go 'halves' in buying a few before I order because they're not cheap.Even worse,there are no Robert Dyas shops in Lincolnshire.

I can feel this to be my February treat.

Big L 266

wids001 08:47 27 Jan 11

Debenhams, that's where I got mine from.

canarieslover 09:21 27 Jan 11

I spotted some Marmite cereal bars a couple of weeks ago and decided I must have some of them. Big mistake, they taste horrible and I won't bother with those again. I hope the Marmite chocolate is a much better experience.

Big L 266 10:50 27 Jan 11

Hello.

wids001....Thank you for that info. It might come in useful as a friend of mine lives near one.

canarieslover....I like Marmite cereal bars and Marmite peanuts but in very strict moderation.My friends who've tried one of mine agree with you that they taste horrible. Its either you like 'em or hate 'em. I too hope my choccy experience will be a good one.

I also like Marmite in Heinz organic baked beans as well. I add a teaspoonful of the syrupy 'upside-down' squeezy bottle version and mix it in at the start of cooking. Its surprisingly refreshing!

Big L 266

QuizMan 11:12 27 Jan 11

Following the Robert Dyas link, it shows other Marmite products you can buy such as toast racks and egg cups which is presumably why RD also stocks the chocolate as part of a product promotion.

Bald Eagle 15:28 27 Jan 11

Saw them in BHS in the White Rose Centre Leeds.

jakimo 15:59 27 Jan 11

Theres got to be something wrong with your taste buds!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017