maplins

i was just clearing up and found a motherboard and cpu bundle i bought over a year ago, i had completely forgotten about it. it was a amd 6000 and ecs motherboard, i bought it for a second build. i only used it for 2 days it kept locking up and the motherboard temperature was far too high, i contacted ecs who told me the cpu (125watt) wasnt supported by the motherboard and clear enough it wasnt.
so i boxed it back up and emailed maplins to ask why they were selling this, they still are but with the 95 watt cpu.
3 months later i got a we are looking into this email, a month later i emailed them asking what was happening and to this day this unusable motherboard bundle has sat in a cupboard! i know i should have taken it straight back to the shop but i didnt. pretty poor service though.

version8 13:57 22 Sep 08

If you acted straight away you would have been able to get your money back, but with such a long time lapsed then you really do not have any come back.

The service offered by Maplins is normally very good.

i dont want my money back really i can use both parts, just not together. i wanted an explanation as to why i was sold it as a 'bundle'

spuds 14:38 22 Sep 08

At once upon a time, Maplins had a very good 'live on-line' chat section, but I haven't seen it around lately. In my own experience, emails seem to go unanswered.

interzone55 20:11 22 Sep 08

Simple explanation, human error. They bundled an incompatible CPU with a motherboard.

You emailed them and pointed this out, whilst they didn't offer you an exchange they have changed the CPU.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…