To Magazine Editor

Pine Man 15:37 14 Apr 07

I subscribe to the DVD edition of the magazine,which arrived today.

At the top of the front cover it states 'BONUS DVD SEE THE BACK'

At the bottom of the front cover it states 'TURN OVER FOR YOUR BONUS SOFTWARE DVD 10 FULL PROGRAMS'

I've 'looked at the back' and 'turned over' but I can't find any bonus DVD or mention of it.

Am I reading too much into this and does it just mean that the DVD I have paid for is so good this month it's a bonus?

RickyC :-) 16:15 14 Apr 07

Pine Man,

Instead of including the DVD on the front cover of the magazine as is usually the case, this month the disc is in the back of the bag. So that readers were able to easily spot whether the copy they're looking at is the CD or DVD edition, we wanted to make it as clear as possible on the front of the magazine.

regards
Richard
Cover Disc Editor

pj123 16:25 14 Apr 07

Pine Man, you didn't pay for the DVD, you paid for the magazine.

I agree with you though. I have just opened my copy which also arrived today.

Only one DVD which says: 5 DVD Only exclusive full programs.

But the magazine cover says:

BONUS DVD INSIDE!

Turn over for your BONUS software DVD 10 FULL PROGRAMS.

Pine Man 16:29 14 Apr 07

If I paid for the magazine the CD copy and the DVD copy would be the same price ;)

pj123 16:35 14 Apr 07

CD Editor.

"this month the disc is in the back of the bag. So that readers were able to easily spot whether the copy they're looking at is the CD or DVD edition, we wanted to make it as clear as possible on the front of the magazine."

My copy arrived in the Post today. The back of the "bag" contains an A4 sheet with my (I assume) subscriber number, Name and address.

I can't see the DVD until I open the package?

But it has always been that way since I subscribed. The DVD has never been affixed to the front cover of the magazine.

RickyC :-) 16:42 14 Apr 07

pj123,

Apologies - I was referring to the bags which the magazine is packaged in on the newsstand. It's largely irrelevant to subscribers whether the disc is at the front or the back of the bag - but it's a major factor in the shops. If the DVD isn't immediately visible on the front of the magazine possible readers may simply move on to browse one of the other titles on the shelves - so we wanted to make it clear that the disc is still there, it's just at the back with this issue.

Hope that helps

Richard

pj123 16:48 14 Apr 07

CD Editor, you don't seem to be getting the point.

I have one DVD with my issue which says 5 DVD ONLY EXCLUSIVE FULL PROGRAMS.

The front cover of the magazine says:

BONUS DVD INSIDE (which implies a second DVD?)
with 10 FULL PROGRAMS?

RickyC :-) 16:52 14 Apr 07

Regarding the question of whether there are five or ten full programs - let me clarify:

On the CD edition, there is one full program, Redshift 5, which is exclusive to PC Advisor magazine.

On the DVD edition, there are ten full programs. Five of these are exclusive to PC Advisor's DVD edition.

Richard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…