lynskey helpline gets expensive

sunnystaines 21:44 27 Sep 10

used lynskey routers for ages, good points push out good strong wifi signals, freephone excellent helpline which was run very well, no job too small. then went to a 0203 tel followed shortly afterwards to a 0871, now £22 fee charged on top. my router kept loosing its settings, not prepared for lynskey anymore [i think it went downhill when cisco bought them out]

bought a belkin n router and the set up wizard did it all no more going through upteen settings to set the router up, had to ring the helpline on one minor point. was 0845 call answered quickly and very helpful.

Picklefactory 08:24 28 Sep 10

I no longer have a Linksys product as I had a router go down, which they replaced with good grace, but the replacement only lasted a month. I since bought a Netgear and all has been well, but I digress.
One thing I would say, is that while I was using Linksys, I didn't actually use the telephone helpline, but I had extremely good support through the 'Live chat' system. I used it on 3 or 4 occasions, and on each one I never waited more than a few minutes before being connected.
The obvious issue is you need internet access to use this, so depending on your situation the phone may be your only option.
It's a shame about this, as I did find their staff genuinely helpful.

When you look at how much routers cost these days (or how little in fact), then it is no great surprise that the manufacturer simply cannot afford to provide such support.

I can buy Linksys wireless N router for £25 click here. Remove the VAT and you see ebuyer is only taking £21.27. Let's say ebuyer work on a markup of 20% - that leaves us with £17.73. The router has to be manufactured and shipped from that, with all the wages of the manufacturing staff, premises, parts, administration etc. Linksys must only be left with a few £ of profit. Paying technicians to staff the phones would probably suck up all of that profit and more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…