Low cost reasonable spec desktop?

Dalglish2 19:39 14 Apr 08

Hi
I am looking to buy a desktpo PC - I have recently been given a TFT monitor so only need the server and I do not have the time to build my own.
I would use mainly for internet, webdesign, office applications but not gaiming.
Anyone aware of any good offers at moment? Many thanks
TJ

Diodorus Siculus 21:03 14 Apr 08

Depends on what you consider to be low cost...

click here for a reasonable Novatech machine. Novatech are a quality company who are very helpful.

Joe R 21:48 14 Apr 08

Dalglish2,

you should have no need for anything more than this.

Just add a set of speakers, keyboard and mouse.
You can also choose your own operating system. click here

Stuartli 23:40 14 Apr 08

Any basic Dell or Mesh £299-£349 or even less system should more than suffice.

Probably even less without a monitor.

Stuartli 23:41 14 Apr 08

Or even a barebones system from BigPockets or similar online retailer:

click here

GaT7 01:49 15 Apr 08

If on a very tight budget: eBay's probably your best bet

If on a tight budget: Dell Vostro 200 MT click here = £188 delivered, or £182.50 with Quidco (click here) cashback

If you're willing to spend ~£350 (but system is overkill for your needs): Dell Inspiron 530 with a QUAD-core click here = £359 delivered (deselect monitor to get it for this price), or £344 with Quidco cashback

Be aware that most of Bigpockets PCs don't come with an OS installed - at the moment the only exception appears to be the sold-out IQON QUINTAL 2028VX. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…