Lottery by Direct Debit.

Peverelli 16:29 13 Sep 03

Having read the thread: click here about filling out lottery tickets, I thought some people might be interested to know that you can go to the National Lottery's website and play by subscription.

Just to repeat what I said in the above thread.

"I play the lottery by subscription and pay by direct debit. The same numbers are entered for Weds and Sat, so I do not need to worry about forgetting to go to the shop in time, or selecting the wrong numbers or losing a winning ticket (please - one day!). I've had a line of four and a few lines of three and a cheque arrives within a week. You can pay for 13, 26 (and I think multiples thereof) weeks. You can apply for subscriptions here: click here - download and print the form and send it off.

Might be useful for the more absent-minded amongst us and syndicate managers.

obbit 17:16 13 Sep 03

stopped doing it. money going to wrong causes

-pops- 17:53 13 Sep 03

Another desperate attempt to retain/regain an ever dwindling punter base - they'll be suggesting a daily lottery next!!

Peverelli 18:20 13 Sep 03

It's been available for quite a long time. As for a daily lottery, obviously you've been reading the papers ;O)

obbit you're right, not enough is coming to me!

spuds 20:18 13 Sep 03

When dealing with the nice people at the Lottery office, make sure that you know the full terms and conditions, that they use and enforce 100%.

I purchased a couple of tickets from Asda Stores, using the pre marked out card system. Checking the tickets after they had been printed out by the machine, it was found that one set of numbers was totally different to those on the pre marked card.Asda collegue was at a loss,as to why this had occurred. I took the matter up with the Lottery, due to the fact it was their [IT] machine, which had thrown a wobbly.And I was concerned, especially as a security risk could have been possible, with their network. For my troubles, I received a non appologetic letter, stating that I should always check my tickets, as Camelot are not responsible for mistakes.As per their terms and conditions.Nothing like being 100% right.(;o(

3tg 20:25 13 Sep 03

WE have been using DD for a long time now, on the odd occasion on winning £10, the cheques comes about a week later. It's handy when you go on holiday or if you have a poor memory like myself, I would hate to find may numbers came up and I did not buy the ticket !!!!.

carver 20:35 13 Sep 03

Also stopped doing it 5 years ago, up to now I'm £3000.00 better off, put it in the bank and still give money to charities.

wee eddie 21:23 13 Sep 03

every now and again I stop while crossing and allow £1 notes to blow away in the wind.

These, I gather, are found by needy folk and so I achieve a much better distribution and have the inestimable advantage of enjoying a splendid view while I do it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…