Lost refund from Watford Electronics

Red Devil 17:14 08 Apr 03

I'm having a problem and a half at the moment with Watford Electronics.

I recently bought a Pentium III Processor off of them. Unfortunately, I found that it wasn't compatible with my motherboard and I asked if I could return it and be refunded (I had, in the meantime, bought another processor from them that was compatible). They said that I could, issued me a return authorisation and arranged for a courier to collect it from me.

This they did and I later contacted them to find out the status of my RA. They informed me that the processor had been returned and that they had refunded me on my Switch card. This was over 2 weeks ago. I am still to receive my money back from them. Repeated e-mails and phone calls all get the same response. My money was *supposedly* refunded on the 28/3. When I contact my bank they say that they have received no authorisation from Watford Electronics to refund my on my Switch card.

I now my find myself as the proverbial "pig in the middle". The bank say that they have received nothing from Watford Electronics to instruct them to refund my Switch card and that it is the responsibility of Watford Electronics to ensure I am refunded. Watford Electronics say they have refunded me and that it is the responsibility of my bank to enact my refund.

All the while I am sitting here with £179.78 missing and seemingly unable to do anything to get my money back..................

BRYNIT 17:34 08 Apr 03

All card payment transaction receive a reference number when processed. Ask Watford Electronics for the date time and refund reference number issued for this transaction it will help trace the money. Also ask if they use a third party company for payment and refunds this could be where your money is being held up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…