Looong warranty?

Mr Mistoffelees 10 Nov 11
Answered

I have just been on the AMD-ATI website, checking for a driver update. Whilst there I noticed a graphics card being advertised with a "double lifetime" warranty.

Does that mean they guarantee it will last twice as long as it is designed to?

wiz-king 10 Nov 11

It might mean it will work if your playing 'double life' (1947 film) grin

Pineman100 10 Nov 11
Answer

Mr M - it seems obvious to me. They mean that the card will last for your entire lifetime and that of your children.

Don't forget to leave it to someone in your will!

;o)

dmolnar 18 Nov 11

Pineman100, I am sorry about this on this thread but the Powerpoint thread was locked. The issue you were having about the Presenter View grayed out. The ONLY answer I found so far, unless you have. Is to create a black presentation and copy the slides over. Odd way it's this way but it "fixes" it. More of a workaround. Maybe a compatibly issue, don't know. This is the way I have used. Hope it helps.

Dan Molnar

dmolnar 18 Nov 11

Again I am sorry for invading this thread.

Pineman100: This is how to fix it (grayed out prest. view), Go to the Slide show tab, click on the setup slide show. three radio buttons in left upper corner. Choose NOT INDIVIDUAL but Presenter. The Presenter view is now available. and in the right bottom check the box or click OK and the box is now available to check.

Your Welcome! Dan Molnar

Aitchbee 18 Nov 11

My 30 pounds shoes lasted 3 months...the lifetime of a gnat!

Pineman100 18 Nov 11

Dan Molnar

Thanks for taking the trouble to let me have that information, although Mr Mistoffelees may be a little unhappy to have his thread hijacked!

However, under the circumstances, let's hope he'll understand.

Forum Editor 18 Nov 11

Transferred to Consumerwatch from Speakers Corner.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message