Looking for a non-widescreen laptop...

izzi81 18:15 02 Apr 09

Hi, hopefully someone can give me some help... I'm looking for a laptop, around the £300-£400 price range. I've had a look at a few places and browsed online, but seem to be finding that all the ones that seem decent are widescreen. I'm not interested in a widescreen monitor, I don't plan on watching many if any movies, but I do want to do web design and photo/graphic bits and pieces as well as word processing and a wee bit of game playing, and I get the feeling the widescreen shape will prove annoying. But there are hardly any options out there! I've been told Acer is a really good brand, but they all seem to be widescreen now...
Help?

curofone 19:55 02 Apr 09

if i was you i would just go with a 15.4" widescreen machine, i do plenty of web devloping/designing and word processing on both 4:3 and 16:9 screens and if anything i prefer the widescreen machines. Also i can not remember the last time i saw a laptop without a widescreen screen although i am sure someone will post one soon enough.

MAT ALAN 20:27 02 Apr 09

Widescreen is actually better for your periferal vision and easier on the eyes a 15.4in suggested by curophone would be the way to go.
another reason being i have just searched the net for about 1/2 an hour and can't really find anything suitable...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant