Looking for a new ADSL ISP

big_papa_boogaloo 16:27 09 Apr 05

hi,
(apologise in advance if this is in the wrong forum!)
i am currently with tiscali internet on the 256kbps @ £15.99 a month. and have check on the pricelist and see that (i think) they do not do this plan anymore. it is a crap service i recieve but i only use it for simple browsing, downloading mp3s...
i would like to leave tiscali, i have seen quite a lot of good offers around. but i need hel selecting. i would like a really good provider with good cust. service and that a lot of people use.
tiscali are getting on my nerves now! sometimes, my connection drops to dial-up speeds and i have had enough!
i am looking for ADSL with a really low price, £15.99-£20.99. is it possible to get 512kbps at this price? also i do not want any capping. (whoever invented the idea should be shot!)
i am considering going back to aol. is this a good idea?
many thanks
big_papa_boogaloo

Stuartli 17:41 09 Apr 05

You can upgrade on the website for the 512kbps or 1Mbps service (see limits for each service) at the same price and stay with Tiscali. In fact you should be upgraded automatically in due course.

TomJerry 19:03 09 Apr 05

click here, I can whole heartly recommend it. I have used for 2 years and never have any problem with it.

It has 1GB month cap, but it should be enough for your use.

Phphred 22:40 09 Apr 05
  Starfox 23:40 09 Apr 05

" am looking for ADSL with a really low price, £15.99-£20.99. is it possible to get 512kbps at this price? also i do not want any capping. "

You are going to struggle to find a service like that.Have a look at click here

johnnyrocker 09:06 10 Apr 05

click here

johnny.

GibsonSt19 12:09 10 Apr 05

Why on earth will it be a struggle to find a service like that?

I've bene with NDO.com for about a year now, and have had no service outtage, great speeds, fantastic customer service, low ping for gaming and all for £19.99 pm (512 service).

They don't cap at all, and have no limitations.

I know there are cheaper providers out there but if you look at the link above click here you'll see that they're ranked highly.

Whole heartedly recommend them.

Starfox 12:47 10 Apr 05

Gheap + fast + good service + reliable are not words that you can usually use in the same sentence but if your happy then fine.

512 kbps for gaming is not very good either.

Not exactly a houehold name though are they?

big_papa_boogaloo 13:47 10 Apr 05

thanks for the info but i have one problem. all of the sites say that to "migrate" to them, i need to have the same package, i.e. 512kbps, to mo to their equivalent. i am only on 256kbps, does this mean i have to upgrade my connection with tiscali, then migrate to the other company?

big_papa_boogaloo 14:28 10 Apr 05

i have seen two isps which have caught my eye. V21 (v two one), and prodigy networks both of them have to offer of free migration and have 512kbps for:
Prodigy networks
500Kbps Unrestricted
£19.49 Per Month

V21
512kbps unrestricted
£10 for 3 months, 16.99 there after.
1meg is 19.99

are these two isps worth moving to?
(the both say what i have explained in the post above)

PsiFox 12:10 11 Apr 05

Don't know about V21 but suggest you have a look at the comments on the message boards about Prodigy at click here.

512kbps is fine for gaming.The important part is latency/ping and there will not be much difference in this at either 512 or 1024

PsiFox

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…