Looking for Laptop suggestions

bazzzac 10:55 25 Mar 06

I have decided to by my other half a laptop. I think it is the only way I will get my own computer back. Looking for suggestions on what to by them. All they will use it for is internet browsing, however, it will probably being used most of the day. It needs to be wireless, but as it will be plugged in most of time battery life if not an issue. It also needs to be cheap, no more than £650.00, but look quite good if possible for this price.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:04 25 Mar 06

click here the Dell Inspiron is £649 including shipping and VAT. There is a 3 day upgrade to 1024Mb of RAM and the wide sceern is superb and I have bought many of these and they look and fell good.

G

tammer 15:36 25 Mar 06

Don't be shy about looking at Evesham's website. They're a British company and they've got a good range of notebooks and a strong reputation.

Nick-T 23:23 25 Mar 06

I recently read that when buying a laptop it was advisable to also buy a spare adapter as they could fail and may be hard to find a replacement a couple of years later. Is this true, I know batteries have a set number if charge/discharge cycles but is adapters failing an issue to be concered about?

Forum Editor 13:04 26 Mar 06

I assume that by 'adapters' you mean chargers?

If that's the case, the answer (at least as far as I'm concerned) is 'no'. Over the years I have had quite a few laptops, all used on a daily basis and, although I've had some problems a failed battery charger has never been one of them.

Stuartli 14:38 27 Mar 06

Evesham is, indeed, a British company but its notebooks are not necessarily so as so many are rebadged models from the Far East.

However, they do seem well priced.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…