Looking for a high-end silent graphics card

Bailey08787 18:46 01 Jul 09

Ideally it would have passive cooling, but that seems to really limit my choices.

I've found an ATI 4850, but for £130, it doesn't seem that much of a bargain.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a graphics card group test that has compared noise levels?

thanks

citadel 19:08 01 Jul 09

the main thing is to get one with a non reference cooler as these are quieter and cool better.

retep888 19:39 01 Jul 09

Highend + silence = won't work unless you go for the watercooled one.

Anyway the ATI 4850 isn't a graphic card in the highend section,I'm afraid.

carver 07:47 02 Jul 09

Here's some for you

click here

click here

As retep888 said the 2 don't go together unless you are prepaired to spend.

Whats it for?

Bailey08787 15:18 02 Jul 09

thanks for the replies

I'm building myself a new pc, that I'm hoping will zip along and play the latest generation of games without breaking sweat

at the moment I have a 8600gt in my system which is passively cooled, and I like the silence.

I'm not brave enough to go down the watercooler route, so was hoping there'd be a good passively cooled card out there, ideally fanless

High end cards produce so much heat that trying to cool them without a fan is rather difficult.

If you have no particular need for silence, I would just buy a card that is noted for being quiet, and if it's too loud then consider purchasing an after-market cooler such as something from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009