looking for good scanner

naineysman 17:14 15 Aug 08

Need a scanner for old photographs which needs to be no more than £150, preferably a printer on board too? any suggestions.

version8 17:23 15 Aug 08

I have the Epson Stylus DX4800 which is a great scanner/printer.
Have a look in Staples as they often do good deals.

Diemmess 17:34 15 Aug 08

If you want to improve old photos you presumably already have image editing software and a reasonable printer.
So I suggest one of the Epson Perfection (v 100) or similar.
Costs less than your budget, excellent scans across a wide choice of resolution and colours and has a useful gizmo to allow scanning of transparencies switching to a light source in the lid.

I prefer to avoid multifunction devices if possible, because they tend to be made down to a price and carry the possibility of failure of any one of the functions leaving you stuck.

chub_tor 17:53 15 Aug 08

Just bought this multifunction. Great reviews, well made, cheap refills and superb performance for printing and scanning. £103 delivered free, ordered on a Thursday evening delivered Monday morning.

Clapton is God 21:38 15 Aug 08

"Just bought this multifunction"

Er. Which???

chub_tor 21:45 15 Aug 08

Sorry about that, did the ctrlC and forgot the ctrlV, here it is click here

naineysman 23:05 15 Aug 08

looks the ticket, thanks

Stuartli 20:49 16 Aug 08

QVC has this new film scanner available (was even less recently at £59 when first introduced) and, judging by the demonstration, effective:

click here

Stuartli 20:49 16 Aug 08

QVC has this new film scanner available (was even less recently at £59 when first introduced) and, judging by the demonstration, effective:

click here

Stuartli 20:50 16 Aug 08

Otherwise a Canon Lidl or Epson scanner with film/transparencies holder will do the job.

chub_tor 22:01 16 Aug 08

Why are you suggesting film scanners? naineysman was asking about scanning photographs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…