Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…
So i am looking to buy a very good gaming laptop that is customized for big games and will not have any issues playing them at max settings even after a couple of years.
The reason i need a laptop for gaming is because soon i ll be working as 2nd officer on ships and i cant bring a very good desktop around me on every ship i go to.
And i really want to spend a good amount of money for something good that will last long enough and wont be outdated the first month. Well, it will be but i want something that will still be able to play future games at max settings and future future games at high settings. And because i dont know the best places to check and order good gaming laptops i would really like to hear your suggestions. On that matter and in general about the laptop specs
I am copy pasting this from another site since it gives the details of what i am looking for and because the more opinions i get the better. I dont want to risk such a purchase in a single opinion
1) What is your budget? 5000euros
2) What size notebook would you prefer? Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator. i ll be back at Greece in 1,5 months so i ll be ordering it from there.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? Not really. I know about alienware but i am not sure how good they really are since they are a big popular gaming brand. And i would prefer to pay for the hardware and not for the name. But i have no problem ordering it from there if they have the best gaming laptops.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? nope.
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? Games, as for specs. I guess the best possible for the money i am spending. I want it to be able to play almost every game out there now at highest settings without any issues so it will be able to play future games at highest or high settings. Like still be able to play games 2 years ahead from now on and maybe 3 if possible and then slowly lower the settings.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? moving from ship to land to ship to land etc.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games? Games i mostly play are mmorpgs, strategy, fps and some story rpgs
9) How many hours of battery life do you need? the longer the better
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? Online since i highly triple doubt there is anything good near greece so it ll be online
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, etc. Windows 7.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. Click here for Screen resolution information. 1920x1200 preferably, or slightly smaller.
13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen? preferably glossy screens, since i use it in closed spaces for gaming i doubt i ll have any problems.
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? Not very much
15) When are you buying this laptop? in 1,5 months
16) How long do you want this laptop to last? 6-8 years
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive? Around a terrabyte and a solid hard drive would be best since i ll be moving a lot with it.
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner? blue ray reader
1)i would like it to have a very good cooling system so it wont have overheating problems for years. Because my last normal laptop started overheating after a few months, but it was not designed specifically for gaming.
2)good wifi range so i wont have issues with signal fluctuating sometimes randomly because the router is a few rooms away. Also i would be interested in getting an internet antenna since it could be helpful at finding internet from anchorages that are 10-20 nautical miles(1=1856meters) away from the shore.
3)weight doesn't matter much as long as it can be carried on a bag or backpack.
4)I would like some program suggestions in order to keep to computer working without problems for a long time. Considering that there are no technicians in the middle of the sea i was thinking about possibly a backup program that lets me revert the computer back to the state i saved it. And maybe some program suggestions to keep the laptop fast and clean, i havent had any issues with viruses since i am careful but there is always some small windows file corruption happening after sometime
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.