Looking for a good deal

mobad 17:19 15 Jul 04

Right basically I want to purchase 4 items for a good price. WHich company is knwon to give the best deal when buying the following items all at once -

Laptop | Price inc VAT £1100 (My Spending Limit under £1000) - Specification found here (I dont require an OS or any additional software)(click here)

Router - To network 2 PCs using wireless NICs on an ADSL connection

Printer + Digital Camera + 64mb memory card

External USB 250gb/300gb Hard Drive

Overall I dont want to spend more than £1300

TomJerry 21:22 15 Jul 04

Laptop you selected is great, but I do not think you can get all other with £1300. If you do not play latest 3d games, you can get a cheaper laptop, from say tiny.

Another thing, you may need to buy from differnet places.

You may need to give more details for other items you want.

The best place to buy digital cameras click here, a lot of satisfied customers here, only problem is that it is a French campany, so you may get a French manual, English one can be normally downloaded and printed. Do not buy memory card from Pixmania.

The best place to get Camera memory card is Ebuyer click here. It is also a good place to buy External Hard Drive Cheapest one 200Gb £154.88 click here.

Wireless router with Buildin Adsl modem can be found from Ebuyer, but a better place is broadbandbuyer click here.

Last comment, A good digi camera here click here

byfordr 21:24 15 Jul 04

LACIE 250GB £140 click here
MAXTOR ONE TOUCH £155 click here (On offer this week so be quick if you want one)
Router
DG834G (and either free wireless desktop or laptop card) click here

What sort of printer do you want colour or black and white?

R

mobad 21:56 15 Jul 04

I require a colour printer

mobad 22:01 15 Jul 04

Wow those digital cameras you have lin ked me to alone are £250+
I was thinking of them smaller peced ones taht were at PCWORLD. Where when you buy a printer for £200 u get a free digi cam with 32mb card

byfordr 09:58 16 Jul 04

Old saying - you get what you pay for!

If you are looking at spending up to £1000 on the laptop and only £300 on everything else your not going to get amazing quality printer or camera as the hard disk and the wireless kit is going to eat up most of your budget (over £200)

Cameras - click here
Printers - click here

Canon i865 click here Would recommend paying the extra £7 and getting it from a uk source. Saves heartache if you have problems!

click here

3mp Fuji click here

For laptops have a look a Dell, Mesh, and Fujitsu as they all have budget options so you may have more budget for the peripherals and accessories.

R

TomJerry 10:07 16 Jul 04

eought said

byfordr 10:18 16 Jul 04

free ones are even worse!

terryr48 11:17 16 Jul 04

try Novatech click here they are very helpful and good service

byfordr 20:57 16 Jul 04

Would personally recommend that you get your laptop and wireless (and the hd if you need it) then either add a few hundred pounds at the start or save up your pennies and get the camera, printer later. There really is no point buying a rubbish camera.

R

byfordr 08:41 17 Jul 04

click here £30 for a colour printer.

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…