Looking for gaming laptop under £300

DanTheCheesyMan 02:09 16 Mar 15

Hi, I've spent days looking for a gaming laptop to take with me to Australia, this is mainly for the flight, but I'd like it to be a gaming laptop so I can play some games with my friend while on the flight. Ideally I'd like the laptop to have 6-8 Gb Ram. 1 Tb HD, 15" screen... then the other stuff that I'm not so techy on. I looked at this laptop, but I don't like Toshiba as a make

click here me know what you think :) Thanks in advance!

Let

john bunyan 09:47 16 Mar 15

I think you will have to look on e Bay as new ones at that level are nearer £500 - 600

Secret-Squirrel 11:48 16 Mar 15

"click here me know what you think :)"

I wouldn't call that one a "gaming" laptop. With its mediocre CPU and integrated Radeon R3 GPU you're likely to be very disappointed with its gaming performance.

NotebookCheck said this:

"The AMD A4-6210 is a mobile quad-core SoC for entry-level devices and subnotebooks.........The SoC integrates a Radeon R3 GPU............Current games (as of 2014) are thus hardly playable even in low settings, but some older and less demanding titels will run flawless."

alanrwood 18:50 16 Mar 15

If you want a gaming machine you will have to pay a heck of a lot more than you are budgeting.

Daisy_Michael 09:01 17 Mar 15

Go for it, if you are not planning to play the games like War Thunder; this can be a reasonable gaming PC.

alanrwood 18:54 17 Mar 15

This will not play any serious games at any serious resolution or frame rate. I stick by what I posted earlier.

DanTheCheesyMan 00:00 18 Mar 15

I'm not after extreme gaming, I mainly play stuff such as minecraft, the telltale games, Gmod etc and that's it. I don't play anything extreme, the most extreme game I play is ESO. Keep in mind guys it's a secondary machine, my main will be my home pc which I built for gaming, the laptop will just be a secondary machine that I'll be using for a couple of weeks, other than that it'll just be used for browsing, watching tv etc

Keys2 06:38 18 Mar 15

look on e Bay or taobao

alanrwood 09:24 18 Mar 15

OK, so long as you don't expect anything reasonably intensive to work go ahead.

Secret-Squirrel 10:53 18 Mar 15

Dan, if you accept that the model you've linked to is an entry-level budget laptop that has been mis-advertised as a "gaming" one then you should be happy with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac