Looking for first TFT monitor

Europa 18:17 07 Aug 06

I was looking in the PC Advisor magazine, and I saw the Philips 190X6FB, I had a look for some reviews in googles search and found a website where they seemed to have had problems with it.
It will be my first TFT, so I do not want too much problems. I am tempted by the viewsonic VA1912W or the viewsonic VX922.
There is only a difference of £10 between the two on Savastore.
I will need it for gaming and internet surfing.
As I got an excellent CRT monitor at the moment, I will be going for the quality of image.
If it's important, I am running two AOpen NVidia Aeolus GF 6600GT 128Mb in SLI configuration.
Is Salvastore safe? Are they good at delivering next day?

mazbo13 09:12 10 Aug 06

I've just got my first TFT and I'm very pleased with it. It is a Viewsonic VA1912W, bought as part of a Mesh system.

dontmeshwithme 09:55 10 Aug 06

I have a Philips monitor (a 20.1" widescreen) although I am very happy with the quality it became faulty after 8 weeks and Philips refused to replace it with a new screen insisting I had a re-furb, but they didn't have one of these in stock and I would have to wait until they had one! I then went back to savastore (the supplier) who was very helpful, they arranged pickup of the old screen and then supply a brand new one. My only query with savastore is that it takes several days to get a reply via email and it took 20 minutes to get through to customer support (on an 0870) number, but once you get though to support they genuinely want to help. I am therefore happy to use savastore again, but would not buy from Philips instead I would use viewsonic. Ebuyer is still my prefered supplier.

Europa 10:38 10 Aug 06

At the end I have gone for the Samsung 19" SyncMaster 940BF, they are selling them for £200 on Dabs, I had one for £184, was listed as used but it was only because the box has been open, the monitor never was used and there was nothing missing. So far I am happy with it. The only thing would be that I don't have any USBs on it, no speakers neither but I was told that the sound coming out of a monitor'speakers is bad anyway. The picture is fine, that's all that counts for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009