looking dvd writer with nero 8 suite

sunny staines 13:18 22 Apr 08

looking like i will need to replace my dvd writer has anyone seen any with nero 8 oem suite included.

tried novatech they are all nero 7, cannot find a tel number for dabs.

not looking for expensive blue ray just normal dvd writer.

Kemistri 17:42 22 Apr 08

I just checked Ebuyer for an OEM version of Nero 8, to see if you could get it separately at the same time as purchasing your drive, and it only lists Essentials: click here. That suggests that there might not be an OEM version of the Suite available yet.

GaT7 18:40 22 Apr 08

Nero OEM or Essentials is probably one & the same thing, with the 'Essentials - OEM' version being available to the UK.

From the Nero website click here:

"What does OEM or Essentials version mean?

OEM represents "Original Equipment Manufacturer". These versions are normally sold to customers with bundled hardware like recorders or pc systems. The sale of these versions without the hardware (recorders, pc systems etc.) is allowed in Germany, Austria, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe and China. It is not allowed to sell these versions without the related hardware in all other countries. Nero 7 and Nero 8 Essentials are OEM versions whith limited functionality. Customers who have purchased an OEM or Essentials version can buy additional plug-ins or upgrade to the full version of Nero 8.

What is the difference between Nero Ultra Edition, Nero Premium and Nero Essentials/Nero OEM?

....Nero Essentials/OEM are versions of Nero that do not contain all the features of the retail version.
Please note that the recorder manufacturers, who bundle their hardware with Nero software, decide which features will be implemented in the Nero Essentials/OEM version so Essentials or OEM versions do not have the full functionality of a full version."

G

Kemistri 19:12 22 Apr 08

I think you can scratch the "yet" from the end of my reply, then. It looks like you won't get the full-fat version without stumping up the full-fat price. Not worth it, in my opinion, when the OEM spec is so cheap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…