Looking to buy a new PC..

megapunch 20:00 22 Mar 04

i have saved up some cash, i have £1,200 to spend on a new pc.. thing is i don't know where i can get the best deal?

my first thoughts is to buy it from pc world.. they have the following speced pc:

3.2GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor
512Mb DDR RAM
200Gb hard drive
DVD RW / DVD ROM drive
256Mb XT5600 graphics
6 USB Connections
17" TFT Monitor
Microsoft Works v.7.0
Windows XP Home Operating System
1 year FREE onsite warranty

for £1,199.99

would you say thats a good deal? i need a computer that will be powerful enough to play the latest pc games and fast encoding (video work etc).. suggestions welcome :-)

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:36 22 Mar 04

Far be it from me not to recommend PCW but look no further than here..........click here

Both computers are similar but I do like the Mesh.

G

Totally-braindead 20:46 22 Mar 04

Like Gandalf I'm not a PCW fan, however I suppose its not a bad specification. However I don't think the graphics card is up to some of the very latest games, if it was a FX5600 it might run everything at the highest details but the XT is a cut down cheaper card, its the same as the FX5600 but runs slower, therefore its quite a bit cheaper. I'd look for a computer with either a FX5700 NOT the XT version of the card or something with a Ati Radeon 9600 in it or better. Confusingly, for me at least, the Ati card with XT are actually faster than the standard versions. The exact opposite of the GeForce cards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…