Looking to buy a new laptop, help please

edteach 20:07 01 Apr 06

I had a hp lap top that I had a lot of problems with, it had a celeron pros. in it and would not run worth a darn.
I got hp to replace it with a 3.0 p4 that worked fine, but the flor. light went out in the back and I thought I could fix it as hp wanted 650 for a new screan, I ended up amputating the screan and using a lcd seperate screan, so I need a new lap top. I was wondering if any one could give me some ideas of what and where to buy a new one. should I stay away from hp? dell? I would like ot know if I should get the service contract? extended war.
I dont hard core game, the only game I have is the new german uboat game [cant remember the name] and a law and order game.I mostly use it for email, ebay, photo resize and the like.
writing letters for printing. and a few financial tasks. your opinions would be helpfull. thanks in advance.

Dellman 21:48 01 Apr 06

Dell are are doing a "phone only" deal of £299 for a laptop.....doesn't seem to bad a deal for a very basic machine!!

Dellman 22:24 02 Apr 06

Tchibo have got the following offer.....anyone got any opinion as to whether its any good?

click here

dms05 08:02 03 Apr 06

Lots of good deals about if you are happy with buying online click here is £285+VAT.

Depends upon just what you want.

dms05 08:09 03 Apr 06

and here's a whole selection click here

Danoh 02:19 04 Apr 06

I'm v happy with my Sony VGN fs315s (e.g. click here ) although it is already being replaced by the fs415s;
better DVD/CD drive, DDR II memory but,
a less powerful CPU (?!!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…