I'm on a tight budget, so i'm looking at price and
what you get on Product Features.

Was thinking of buying the Acer Aspire AS5310, Intel Celeron 520

click here

Is this a good deal?

Anyone know of a better deal.

Thanks to all that reply for your time.

Totally-braindead 16:47 01 Nov 07

I've got a laptop sitting here with a similar spec and its so slow its unbelievable. Its not mine by the way I would never have bought it.

I've just installed another gig of memory and am trying it now to see if it boosts it a bit because as it stands its a nightmare.

On the plus side the gig of laptop memory was only £17.03 from Crucial so if it does speed it up a good bit then perhaps the laptop won't be too bad for the money.

Got to be honest though even if the memory does the trick I still wouldn't buy something that low spec.

Totally-braindead 21:19 01 Nov 07

Well I've been trying it with the 1 gig stick in as well as the original 512mb and I've got the boot time dramatically reduced. Its still not fast, partly I think due to the Celeron processor and partly due to it being Vista rather than XP but with the extra memory I could live with it.

As it came with 512mb and some of that used for the onboard graphics and even though it was only Vista Basic that was on it in my opinion it was completely and totally useless. Far too slow and you kept getting errors because you didn't think the program had started to load so you clicked on it again etc etc.

With more memory, depending on what you want to use it for its reasonable, not fast but it is cheap and it has a lowely Celeron processor and a poor graphics display. It really depends what you want to use it for but regardless, if you do buy it you will need the extra memory.
Still find it a bit laggy playing DVDs though even with the extra memory but its a damn site better than it was.

SebBux 11:20 02 Nov 07

Hi.

Thanks for the advice.

It's just for my daughter for homework and talk to
friends.

thanks

Totally-braindead 13:58 02 Nov 07

For that it would do the job but it definately needs the extra memory. Boot time was approximatly 3-4 minutes and now its down to about 90 seconds. Much better.

grumpygramp 14:23 02 Nov 07

Just got Novatech`s monthly newsletter .They are having a sale of Laptops .check out novatech.com they might have something suitable for you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now