Looking to buy best Registry Cleaner for very slow running XP

toogie 17:34 PM 02 Oct 13

Any advice on the best Registry Cleaner for home use to help speed up my very slow PC,prevent frequent crashes and keep it running quickly. The software also needs to be "idiot" proof.....if possible!

spuds 17:51 PM 02 Oct 13

The "best Registry Cleaner" would depend on how advanced you are with these products, because some can and do cause more harm than good, in the wrong hands.

One of the 'safest and easy to use', would in my view be CCleaner.

wee eddie 20:46 PM 02 Oct 13

I have no idea of what steps that you have already taken but Cleaning the Registry has to be the final step.

iscanut2 11:36 AM 03 Oct 13

I agree give CCleaner a go. click here

john bunyan 18:47 PM 03 Oct 13

Another vote for CCleaner. Others can be too intrusive. Have you checked for malware using Malawarebytes or Superantispyware. Also use cCleaner in its normal role to get rid of old internet searching.

Forum Editor 22:47 PM 03 Oct 13

Use CCleaner, and delete every file it finds.

BT 08:21 AM 04 Oct 13

Use CCleaner and use the Clean option to get rid of all the old files. These are probably slowing up things more than the registry. You will be amazed at the amount of space freed up. I ran mine yesterday for the first time for about 3 weeks and cleared over a Gigabyte. Use the Registry cleaner next and take the option to save the registry file just in case.

Woolwell 12:57 PM 04 Oct 13

On a slightly negative note, I doubt that any registry cleaner will "help speed up my very slow PC, prevent frequent crashes and keep it running quickly". Your very slow pc and crashes may be due to low ram, low disc space, dirt and dust and may other things.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED