Looking for the best desktop pc deal from amazon.

dltltd 18:14 23 Sep 09

Hi, I'm just looking for some advice on which desktop to buy from Amazon.

I would prefer a package (monitor included), but I only really have around £350 to spend, so if its computer only then that's fine.

I have seen an Acer Aspire Revo R3600, which has mixed reviews but it seems most people are using it for media reasons and I just want something for web browsing and occassional word processing.

Can anyone advise on what to get.

dltltd 18:15 23 Sep 09

Sorry don't know how to edit the post, but just like to say thanks in advance.

skidzy 20:19 23 Sep 09

Is there a specific reason to use Amazon ?

If not , consider someone like Dell who offer free delivery and the machines are very good.

A start for you click here just the job for what you need.

If you wish to upgrade any components start from here click here

skidzy 20:22 23 Sep 09

The second link is playing up, just use the first link and top left (switch to list view) under build my Dell.

dltltd 00:10 24 Sep 09

Cheers for that. I shall definately give the Dell site some thought. The reason I would prefer to use Amazon is that I have got some money in my balance to be used.

GaT7 19:57 24 Sep 09

Looks like your after something very basic (going by the Revo R3600 anyway click here), but I notice it has Linux. Are you happy with this?

If not, & you'd prefer XP instead, I'd suggest this Acer Veriton N260G click here, for around the same price (choose free delivery option at checkout to keep the price down). Amazon search for the same click here.

What size monitor are you looking for? You can get reasonably good 19"-24" monitors ranging from £80-150. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5