Looking for best A3 photo Printer

second best 13:21 03 Aug 05

hello, as the thread title suggests, i'm loking to buy an A3 Phot Printer.

pj123 16:26 03 Aug 05

I only know that a friend of mine has the Epson 1290 A3 printer and has won 3 first awards in photographic competitions with prints from this printer.

Have a look here: click here

exdragon 17:01 03 Aug 05

I'll second that, a lot of the people in the photographic club I belong to use it. No doubt all the Canon/HP users will recommend their particular model!

LastChip 17:02 03 Aug 05

I can't really contribute to this thread, as I don't have access to any A3 printers, except to say, I purchased an Epson Stylus Photo R200 last weekend and to my eyes, the results are stunning. If the 1290's similar, I doubt you will go far wrong.

At the moment, manufacturers cartridges are installed used with Kodak paper I am lead to believe if you use the specially formatted Epson paper, the results are even better, though on present performance, that would be hard to believe.

second best 17:06 03 Aug 05

thanks for that guys. i am looking a tthe r1800 i think. i actually have an epson photo stylus 915, and the prints are faultless, but it's a little noisey, and expensive for ink. want to break into A3 for sales etc.

pj123 17:43 03 Aug 05

I don't know where you get your ink from but I have the Epson 915 and ink from click here seems a pretty good price to me.

Of course the Epson 915 is only an A4 printer but ink for the R1800 (A3 printer) from the same supplier is click here

€dstowe 19:09 03 Aug 05

We have two Epson 1290S printers and find them very good indeed.

Before you buy, though, are you sure you have enough A3 photo printing to do that will justify this compared with dropping into your local print shop?

second best 21:40 03 Aug 05

well, i don't use compatibles, i have tried before, and they clogged my machine up, wasted the rest cleaning the head. seemd to empty quicker than the originals. i have been willing t give it another try. i am a photographer, and sell work printed on A1 canvases and such. i only have A4 at home, but i want to put together an A3 portfolio. so, even to print 20-30 images would cost me at least 60 quid wherever i go. but i do weddings and christenings and the liek. A3 pictures look a lot more presentable than A4, they just have that little bit more inmpact, especially in a good frame. My A4 has paid for itselt time and time again, had it over two years, great testament to epson.

ajm 21:51 03 Aug 05

A friend of mine has a Epson R1800. I beleive its is the big btother of the Epson R800. He uses it for professional digital photography and the results are amazing. The only drawback is the cost of the consumable. However it will pay itself off very soon.

Do not go for copmpatible cartridges as the results may not be the same as using genuine cartridges.

Go for it and you will not be dissapointed!!!

jakimo 10:44 07 Aug 05

I endorse ajm!s comment,if you are goimg to sell your prints,then you should only use Epson genuine carts.your customers will not buy again if your prints fade.

For longevity tests click here

second best 14:12 07 Aug 05

ok all, i'll bear it all in mind. i'll keep the thread open hoping for more reviews. thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…