looking for 19" TFT Monitor

david.h 09:06 11 Nov 03

I am looking to replace my CRT 19" with a TFT 19".

I have seen a NOVATECH 19" ONLY £445 any one know anything about their monitors or can recommend another make at a reasonable price but with decent quality

try click here click here click here or read pcadvisor page132 in issue 101 going for a song

Big Elf 14:04 11 Nov 03

I've been using one of the Novatech branded 15" TFTs for 2 years now. There were no dead pixels on receipt and none have since developed. DVD playback is good but as I'm not a gamer I don't know what it would be like with fast action.

Although their email support is non-existent phone support is excellent.

Southernboy 15:13 11 Nov 03

They seem to offered as standard most times, but can they match CRT for both quality and reliability?

I have a 10" Mitsubishi Diamond Pro which is brilliant, but over large. Could I match the quality with TFT at reasonable cost?

Djohn 15:13 11 Nov 03

I have an AOC 17" TFT and it's excellent. the screen size is equivalent to a 19" CRT. but if you wish to spend the extra for the 19" model they do one of those as well. click here

Southernboy 15:13 11 Nov 03

For 10" please read 17"!!

Djohn 16:14 11 Nov 03

Yes, but If I was you I would hold back for a while, I have heard that there is a new type of monitor due for release. This is rumoured to have the best of both TFT, and CRT without the drawbacks of either.

I can't seem to find any more info on this yet, and so have no Idea of the quality, specs. or prices. Maybe someone could help with this? j.

david.h 18:40 11 Nov 03

thanks everone for the replies, its given me more options

david.h 17:38 12 Nov 03

just had a tour round retail outlets, several have broken down monitors. dixons had one displayed as "latest technology" when i asked the sales boy why it had such a poor display and could he adjust it the reply was no its old stock you can't improve the picture.

after finding the above a bit worried what i my get mail order over the net, the dabs site looked good but the bad reports in the forum have put me off.

some web sites offer good prices but they do not display any real address or phone number just email and web cotact which worries me a little
saw a nice dell ultrasharp 19" only £419 from "cosuk" anyone heard of this outfit?

Wilham 18:12 12 Nov 03

The Iiyama 19inch offers 1600 x 1200 res., my monitor is the 20.1 model; gives 600:1 contrast, high brightness, etc. The 19inch came out later and seems a better buy, ...but still seems high compared with some 18inch monitors.
I started out trying to buy the PCA top of review Fuji/Siemans 20.1inch, but didn't like the bad pixel pre-conditions by Dabs and others. The Iiyama 20.1 inch I bought had mostly the same specs (but £200 more) so I wonder if it is by the same maker?
I was influenced by a comment/opinion in PCA mag that you need to go to this size to really enjoy TV/DVD.

david.h 18:31 12 Nov 03

where did you see the iiyama

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…